Vietnamese food in Austin


Xin Chào mọi người, which means Hello everyone in English. I'm Vietnamese and my name is Hồng Phúc meaning "the gift of God" but for some technical issues, you can call me Anna for easier and avoid some misunderstanding. Right now, I'm an international student at the University of Texas at Austin. 

When have to go far to know what nostalgia for Vietnamese food is. And as someone who often travels far away, I deeply appreciate that nostalgia. Far from home, far from family, far from the dishes, your mother cooks to go to a foreign country to study abroad, you must really want to enjoy Vietnamese food. But to find a Vietnamese restaurant in Austin, Texas is really quite difficult because there are few restaurants that will not cook the right taste. However, the culinary culture of the largest overseas Vietnamese community is increasingly rich, with many dishes from other ethnic groups appearing. Over the past decade, the Vietnamese community has increasingly expanded its palate and is happy that the place where they live has new and exotic dishes, adorning the richness of the region's cuisine. Luckily, my cousin drove me to eat at many restaurants with standard Vietnamese dishes. Examples of restaurants are:

Thai Son Pho.  Many UT students essentially live there, whether it's for the delectable food or the peaceful surroundings. The family that owns and runs the well-established Guadalupe restaurant is welcoming, and that goes a long way. Both in the attention paid to the food's preparation and the kindness with which the waiters and waitresses deliver it.  

Tâm Deli & Cafe is a quaint, slightly off-putting-looking restaurant with excellent Vietnamese cuisine and warm service in a strip mall in north Austin. Only slightly strange due to the eccentric decor. Good banh mi; lettuce, tomato, and mayo are used in place of the traditional cucumber and carrot. They are available in numerous varieties, such as lemongrass beef, shrimp and garlic, and veggie tofu. Additionally, there are excellent cream puffs, noodle bowls, and spring rolls. 

However, I realized that such Vietnamese restaurants are also enjoyed by many friends from other countries every time I enter a Vietnamese restaurant. I thought that Vietnamese food is only liked by Asian friends, but I was wrong. That's it, food is always an important part of a culture, the fastest way to leave an impression on visitors, whether they have actually visited or just roamed around the dining table. 














Comments

  1. I've usually been to Vietnamese restaurants in Austin. Actually I've been Hochimin in Vietnam. I tried many kind of food in there at that time, but I couldn't find food same as that in Austin. They just have pho, fried rice, and some of small dishes, so I am looking forward to seeing your blog more. In addition,One thing I recommend the restaurant that is Sip Pho near by UT. This restaurant give you 10% student discount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vietnamese food! I really love Vietnamese food:) If I have an opportunity, l will go both of them. What is your favorite Vietnamese food? I love Vietnamese noodle especially soup of it. What kind of foods the restaruant called Thai Son Pho make? I hope we can go eat Vietnamese food together when we have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am excited to try the two restaurants you recommended; Thai Son Pho and Tâm Deli and Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eager to try this wonderful food. The gastronomy of Vietnam is considered to be one of the best in the world! Tâm Deli & Cafe is on my list of places to visit this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts